Re: TODO list (was Re: Contributing with code)

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: TODO list (was Re: Contributing with code)
Дата
Re: TODO list (was Re: Contributing with code)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01/02/2018 11:17 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 31, 2017 at 2:31 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
>> On Sun, Dec 31, 2017 at 10:42 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> If we're not going to maintain/curate it properly, I agree it's not
>>> worth keeping it around.  But I'd rather see somebody put some effort
>>> into it ...
>> If somebody was going to resolve to put some effort into maintaining
>> it to a high standard then it probably would have happened already.
>> The fact that it hasn't happened tells us plenty.
> +1, and well said.

O.k. what does it tell us though? Is it a resource issue? Is it a
barrier of entry issue? What does deleting it solve? What problems (and
there is a very large obvious one) are caused by deleting it?

Right now, the TODO list is the "only" portal to "potential" things we
"might" want. If we delete it we are just creating yet another barrier
of entry to potential contribution. I think we need to consider an
alternative solution because of that.

Thanks,

JD

PostgreSQL centered full stack support, consulting and development.
Advocate: @amplifypostgres || Learn: https://postgresconf.org
*****     Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.   *****