Re: small patch

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: small patch
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Fri, 2021-10-01 at 21:06 -0400, rir wrote:
> Minor changes to move.sgml and fetch.sgml.
>
> The text 'or empty' is inconsistent by restating what the
> synopsis notation has expressed.
>
> The comments on sharing a language feature, while
> likely helpful during review, seem verbose compared to
> the non-commenting in other similar files.

Thanks for the effort of preparing a patch.

However, I don't think that is an improvement:

- the comments pointing from MOVE to FETCH and vice versa are
  helpful for people who edit the documentation like you did

- we should retain "empty or one of", otherwise the following syntax
  would be undocumented:

      FETCH FROM c;

Yours,
Laurenz Albe