Re: regarding schema only migration from sqlserver to postgres with runmtk.sh

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: regarding schema only migration from sqlserver to postgres with runmtk.sh
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 6/15/2016 1:30 PM, David G. Johnston wrote:
One possible option to use the PostgreSQL's FDW capabilities with a suitable third-party extension that does talk to SQL Server.

The other is to dump plain SQL, hopefully standard-conforming, INSERT statements from the SQL Server and load them into PostgreSQL via psql.

last time I had to convert some MS SQL to another database (it was MySQL but thats immaterial), I wrote a perl script to do it.    there were only 6 or 8 tables, so I manually created the schema, then my perl script stepped through each table, for each row, fetching from the source database and inserting into the destination.

Сообщение: Re: regarding schema only migration from sqlserver to postgres with runmtk.sh
Сообщение: Re: regarding schema only migration from sqlserver to postgres with runmtk.sh