Re: "Server versions prior to 8.0 do not support savepoints" when using JDBC ...

От Martin Goodson
Тема Re: "Server versions prior to 8.0 do not support savepoints" when using JDBC ...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 29/11/2020 18:46, David G. Johnston wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 29, 2020 at 11:06 AM Martin Goodson <kaemaril@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello.
>>
>> I wonder if anyone can assist with this?
>>
>> Some of my developers are reporting that they are getting the following
>> message when attempting to connect to the database using jdbc:
>>
>> Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Server versions prior to
>> 8.0 do not support savepoints
>>
>> at
>>

>> org.postgresql.jdbc3.AbstractJdbc3Connection.setSavepoint(AbstractJdbc3Connection.java:95)
>>
>> Database version is 10.5 running under RHEL 7.4. The postgreSQL jdbc
>> driver version they're employing is postgresl-42.2.9.
>>

> My best guess is that they are not actually running 42.2.9, they are
> running an older version that was released before PostgreSQL v10 came out
> and the version detection code doesn't recognize the new version format
> since 10.
>
> I didn't dig into this too deeply but I did download the zip for 42.2.9 and
> those classes don't even exist at that point since the build was re-done
> using pre-processors.
>
> David J.

Oh. That's very interesting. Thank you, David. I will chase up with the
developers tomorrow to confirm with them the version of the postgres
jdbc driver they are using.

I'm no coder, it didn't occur to me to actually check with the source.
Nice one :)

Many thanks.

Regards,

Martin.

--
Martin Goodson

Whatever you've got planned, forget it. I'm the Doctor.
I'm 904 years old. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the
constellation of Kasterborous. I am The Oncoming Storm,
the Bringer of Darkness and you are ... basically just a
rabbit, aren't you? OK, carry on, just a general ...
warning.

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: "Server versions prior to 8.0 do not support savepoints" when using JDBC ...
От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: postgres_fdw insert extremely slow