Re: pg_agent jobs

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: pg_agent jobs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/2/23 00:50, Giovanni Biscontini wrote:
> Hi, Yes I know I've to use the "on error" property, but the cue is to
> raise an error if query has a false result: for my knowledges the only
> way to do it is to "create or replace" a PL/pgSQL procedure that than
> uses a "RAISE ERROR" inside, but isn't there a more "SQL only way to do it?
> thanks in advance, G

1) select 1/count(*) from table where ...

2) Use anonymous function DO:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-do.html

FYI, there are other programs that do roughly the same thing. You might
want to check them out to see if they work better for your tasks:

pg_cron
https://github.com/citusdata/pg_cron

pg_timetable
https://pg-timetable.readthedocs.io/en/master/