Re: PostgreSQL 14 Beta 1 release announcement draft

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 14 Beta 1 release announcement draft
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On 5/18/21 5:11 PM, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> On 5/18/21 6:33 AM, Erik Rijkers wrote:
>>
>> 14beta1.md mentions subscripting:
>>
>> "PostgreSQL 14 now adds a general subscripting framework for retrieving
>> information in nested objects. For example, using the `JSONB` data type
>> with,
>> you now are able to retrieve nested info just using the `.` operator (e.g.
>> `this.now.works.to.retrieve.this.json.data`)."
>>
>> Is this correct?  I thought the provided JSON subscripting functionality
>> is:
>
> Oops -- great catch, that's 100% on me and my failure to read/test. I'll
> get a modified example into the announcement.

Updated, along with comments from earlier today. Latest draft attached.
Review credit given in the press repo.

Thanks!

Jonathan

Вложения

От: "Jonathan S. Katz"
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 14 Beta 1 release announcement draft
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 14 Beta 1 release announcement draft