[GENERAL] Major Version Upgradation from 9.4 to 9.6

От Amee Sankhesara - Quipment India
Тема [GENERAL] Major Version Upgradation from 9.4 to 9.6
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Quipment Logo

Hello,

We have a windows setup for PostgreSQL(Version 9.4).

Now we are upgrading Major version 9.4 to 9.6.

Total Database size  - 421 GB

RAM – 16 GB

Core – 8

Size of Data Directory Drive – 500 GB

We have 3 database in 421 GB.

1)    X database size – 12 GB

2)    Y database size – 1 GB

3)    Z database size – 408 GB

Now when we start pg_upgrade command it is started and also generating dumps but it is stuck when it is creating large database (408 GB size).

we have kept running pg_upgrade for 24 hr but it is not going further from creating large database dump.

Is it space related issue or something else? How can we deal with this Problem ?

Thanks,

Amee Sankhesara
Database Developer

R&D .Net Department

T / +91 (0) 94295 45266
amee.sankhesara@ / www.quipment.in

QTwee Group BV
KvK Arnhem 60858001
BTW NL854090721B01
mail@ / www.quipment.nl

Hoofdkantoor Nijmegen
Kerkenbos 1236 C
6546 BE Nijmegen

Tel.

+31 (0)24 372 47 00

Fax.

+31 (0)24 372 47 07

Quipment India
903-904 Landmark,
Beside Titanium City Centre,
Anandnagar Road, 100ft Ring Road,
Ahmedabad
Gujarat - 380015 - India
Tel. +91 (0) 79 4009 7847

Disclaimer

This e-mail message (including any attachment) is intended only for the personal use of the recipient(s) named above. This message is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the original message.