Re: Override compile time log levels of specific messages/modules

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Override compile time log levels of specific messages/modules
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 9/6/16 5:18 AM, Craig Ringer wrote:
> I think something automatic that we clearly define as unstable and not
> to be relied upon would be preferable. Plus we already have much of the
> infrastructure in elog.c as used by errcontext etc.

Actually, I wish this was a straight-up logging level feature, because I
need it all the time when debugging complicated user-level code.
Specifically, I wish there was a GUC that would alter
(client|log)_min_messages upon entering a specific function, either for
just that function or for anything that function subsequently called.
Bonus points if you could also specify a regex that the message text had
to match.

I realize that code-wise that's completely incompatible with what you're
discussing here, but I think the same API could be used (maybe as a
different GUC).
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)   mobile: 512-569-9461