Re: proposal: Allocate work_mem From Pool

От Joseph D Wagner
Тема Re: proposal: Allocate work_mem From Pool
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> Before I try to answer that, I need to know how the scheduler works.

> As I understand the term used, there is no scheduler inside Postgres
> for user connections -- they're handled by the OS kernel.

Then, I'm probably using the wrong term. Right now, I have
max_worker_processes set to 16. What happens when query #17
wants some work done? What do you call the thing that handles
that? What is its algorithm for allocating work to the processes?
Or am I completely misunderstanding the role worker processes
play in execution?

Joseph Wagner