Re: DB Backup from WAL Slave

От Fabio Pardi
Тема Re: DB Backup from WAL Slave
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi Basti,

When you are dumping a big table using hot_standby_feedback=on, you are holding the master from cleaning up old records (as in: it was running on master).

If too much time elapses while the lock is held (30 secs by default), then the statement is cancelled.At the expense of potentially accumulating more WAL segments on the primary, you might want to look into max_standby_archive_delay/max_standby_streaming_delay parameters to have more control over query cancellation

regards,

fabio pardi