Netscape.security.AppletSecurityException on db Connect

От PaulU71555@aol.com
Тема Netscape.security.AppletSecurityException on db Connect
Дата
Re: Netscape.security.AppletSecurityException on db Connect  (Sam Varshavchik <mrsam@courier-mta.com>)
Re: Netscape.security.AppletSecurityException on db Connect  ("Joe Shevland" <jshevland@j-elite.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
Greetings.

I attempt the following in an applet named PWEntry.class and in an application
named TextInterface.class to connect to a local postgres database named ctfilm
as user Paul with no password:

url = "jdbc:postgresql://127.0.0.1/ctfilm?user=Paul&password=NONE";
.
.
DriverManager.getConnection(url, "Paul", "");

This works fine from command line application; trying to load the applet into
Netscape produces this error:

netscape.security.AppletSecurityException: security.Couldn't connect to
'127.0.0.1' with origin from 'local-classpath-classes'.

The line in my html is:
<APPLET CODE = "PWEntry.class">
</APPLET>

I'm using Apache.  Environment variable CLASSPATH contains the path of the html
file calling the applet, which is /var/www/html/Yvonne.  In httpd.conf, I have
the following lines:

<Directory /var/www/html/Yvonne>
Options All Multiviews
Allow Override None
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

I am now out of my depth, and would be grateful for any assistance anyone can
throw my way.

Paul