Re: Analyze command running for 2063 minutes so far

От tony@exquisiteimages.com
Тема Re: Analyze command running for 2063 minutes so far
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2019-06-28 10:15, Tom Lane wrote:
> tony@exquisiteimages.com writes:
>> I started an Analyze command on a database Wednesday evening at around
>> 9:00PM. it is now Friday morning at 8:00 and it is still running.
>> I did try to execute:
>> SELECT pg_cancel_backend(4029);
>> and
>> SELECT pg_terminate_backend(4029);
>> but neither had any effect.
>
> Hm, that's interesting.  Can you get a stack trace from that process?
>
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Generating_a_stack_trace_of_a_PostgreSQL_backend
>
>> I am running PostgreSQL version 9.3 on Ubuntu 14.04 with 128GB of
>> memory, 800GB PCIe SSD for Database files, 1TB SATA SSD for WAL, 512GB
>> SATA SSD for system files.
>
> 9.3.what exactly?
>
> (You do know that 9.3.x is out of support, so even if this
> investigation
> reveals a bug, we're not going to fix it in 9.3.x.  I'm willing to look
> anyway on the chance that there's a bug that also affects later
> versions.)
>
>             regards, tom lane

Thanks for the offer to look at it Tom. Fortunately or unfortunately as
the case may be, after I installed everything to get the stack trace the
Analyze process actually finished. The max(last_analyze) did not change
and is still showing '6/27/2019 8:27 AM', so I am not sure what it was
doing all this time, but nothing seems the worse for it.

Thanks again.