Re: Sequential UUID Generation

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: Sequential UUID Generation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 11/19/18 2:08 PM, Uday Bhaskar V wrote:
> I tried below function as which can be used as default to column. But
> every time we need to created 2 sequences, 1st one takes care of the
> first 8 bytes and 2nd takes care of the 2nd part of the UUID. I have not
> tested index and space utilization. I have to examine this. This might
> not be completely unique in the nature. but still trying for the best.

I got a bit bored a couple of days ago, so I wrote an extension
generating UUIDs based on either a sequence or timestamp. See

   https://blog.2ndquadrant.com/sequential-uuid-generators/

for an explanation and some simple test results.

regards

Сообщение: Re: Continue work on changes to recovery.conf API
Сообщение: Re: Continue work on changes to recovery.conf API