Daisy chaining replication slaves ?

От Rob Cowell
Тема Daisy chaining replication slaves ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi,

I’m a postgres newbie (in fact a DB newbie if I’m honest J)

I’m just wondering if there is a way to slave from a slave server?

I have a Postgres9.1.3 master serving up data quite happily to the web applications, and I have also set up a slave via streaming replication.

I’ve now been asked by my manager to set up a secondary slave, slaving off the first slave - e.g.

Master (DB1) à Slave (DB2) à Secondary_Slave (DB3)

Is there an easy way to accomplish this?

In my tests last night I setup the DB3 server to replicate from DB2, but for some reason it was complaining about ‘max_wal_senders’ being set to 1 on the master.

If all the settings are pointing DB3 at DB2, why would it be trying to talk to DB1 instead?

Cheers,

Rob.