Re: Multi CPU Queries - Feedback and/or suggestions wanted!

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Multi CPU Queries - Feedback and/or suggestions wanted!
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Based on what? I did test this and posted the data. The results I
posted showed that posix_fadvise on Linux performed nearly as well on
Linux as async I/O on Solaris on identical hardware.

More importantly it scaled with the number if drives. A 15 drive array
gets about 15x the performance of a 1 drive array if enough read-ahead
is done. Plus an extra boost if the input wasn't already sorted which
presumably reflects the better i/o ordering.

--
greg