'database cluster initialization failed' in Linux

От Joyce Gerald-LGJ002
Тема 'database cluster initialization failed' in Linux
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
I'm installing postgresql-8.4.2-1-linux.bin in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.

I got the following message:  database cluster initialization failed

I've searched the archive and have seen the same question posted for windows.

Anyone have an answer for Linux?

Is there any 'cheat sheet' for a Linux installation.  I've seen the full manual, but it has no simple set of instructions for installation.

Any advice will be most appreciated.

Jerry