Re: Power cut and performance problem

От Daniel Caune
Тема Re: Power cut and performance problem
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
> BTW, I didn't complete my first thought above, which was to ask when
you
> last
> vacuumed the DB, but then I saw that you were running autovac, so that
> wasn't
> likely the problem.
>
> BTW, if the problem is actually a raid array that is rebuilding, it
should
> be
> (hopefullY) fixed by tomorrow morning.

An administrator is checking the raid status this morning.  Anyway, I
did some tests and it seems that some results are weird.

For example, the execution of the following query is fast as it used to
be (gslog_event_id is the primary key on gslog_event):
 select max(gslog_event_id) from gslog_event;  (=> Time: 0.773 ms)

while the following query is really slow (several minutes):
 select min(gslog_event_id) from gslog_event; (index on the primary key
is taken)

I'm not a hardware expert at all, but I supposed that the whole
performance would be degraded when a problem occurs with RAID disks.  Am
I wrong?  Could it be something else?  Are there some tools that check
the state of a PostgreSQL database?

--
Daniel

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: