Re: Silent install 8.3 diiffers from 8.2

От Blakely, Jerel (Mission Systems)
Тема Re: Silent install 8.3 diiffers from 8.2
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Has this issue been resolved by anyone?

I can install over and over manually but any attempt at silent install fails with the same.
> "Service 'PostgreSQL Database Server 8.3' (pgsql-8.3) failed to start.
> Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services."

It works fine with 8.3.0 but not 8.3.3, what changes were made to the installer?

I can verify that the previous version is un-installed, make sure the postgres\8.3 directory is clear, and reboot the machine to verify that no leftover processes remain? It still fails every time on silent install, however a manual install blasts right through with no problems.

I would like to hand my sa a script and say just run this rather than hand him a script caviated with "Oh and by the way you have to do manual install on all 30 machines."