Re: bgwriter, checkpoints, curious (seeing delays)

От Fernando Hevia
Тема Re: bgwriter, checkpoints, curious (seeing delays)
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

If you have maximum 45 users running simultaneously a rather complex query
that requires... say 3 sorts, thats 45 x 100MB x 3 = 13.5 GB of RAM used up
because of this particular work_mem setting. Doesn't mean it will happen
just that your settings make this scenario possible.

So, to avoid this scenario, the suggestion is to keep work_mem low and
adjust it per query if required. I find 1-2 MB too low for my particular
requirements so I have it in 8 MB. Anyway, due to your server having a lot
of RAM your setting might make sense. But all that memory would probably be
better used if it was available for caching.

> Also is there a way to log if there are any deadlocks
> happening (I'm not seeing them in logs) deadlock_timeout = 5s

In postgresql.conf:
log_lock_waits = on                     # log lock waits >= deadlock_timeout

Regards,
Fernando.

Сообщение: Re: bgwriter, checkpoints, curious (seeing delays)
Сообщение: Re: bgwriter, checkpoints, curious (seeing delays)