Re: [SOLVED] Re: pgsql8b5 not launching on OSX system start;

От OpenMacNews
Тема Re: [SOLVED] Re: pgsql8b5 not launching on OSX system start;
Дата
Список pgsql-general
hi,

> But who is it owned by, and with what permissions?

same owner as postmaster, 0644 or 0600

> If you do the "touch" as some other user than the postmaster runs as, it's
very
> plausible the postmaster can't write the file.  (That doesn't yet
> explain why it goes south afterward, but first we need to understand
> the conditions that make it fail.)

yup. agreed.

postmaster launched as 'testuser', pidfile touched as:

   sudo -u testuser touch /var/run/postgresql.pid

resulting in:

   -rw-r--r--   1 testuser testuser     4 Dec  2 14:07 postgresql.pid

fwiw, i've got a clean build under way on another box: pgsql, prereqs and dir
hierarchy will all be 'fresh'.  we'll see if it's me (betcha! there's been a
LOT going on on _this_ box ... more than pgsql) or the code ...

richard

Сообщение: Re: [SOLVED] Re: pgsql8b5 not launching on OSX system start; otherwise OK
Сообщение: Re: [SOLVED] Re: pgsql8b5 not launching on OSX system start;