Re: PQExec returns null question

От Donald Carlile
Тема Re: PQExec returns null question
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Tom,
Thanks for the reply. I had thought we were testing for loss of connection before we send a query, but it doesn’t
appearthat we are. I’ll go back and look at the postmaster log to see if I can find more information. I’ll also check
tosee if there’s a way to really test connection before we send a query.

Regards,
Don

On Oct 20, 2014, at 10:31 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Donald Carlile <carlile@me.com> writes:
>> Our OS X application uses PostgreSQL as a back end through pqlib. Some of our customers are reporting occasional
PGRES_FATAL_ERRORs,but PQresultErrorMessage returns a blank string. I have looked at the sources, and as far as I can
tell,this condition can only occur when PQExec returns a null. The docs say that this shouldn’t happen except in out of
memoryconditions. I am not using any Copy actions.