Re: .ready and .done files considered harmful

От Bossart, Nathan
Тема Re: .ready and .done files considered harmful
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 9/24/21, 9:29 AM, "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> So what I am inclined to do is commit
> v1-0001-Improve-performance-of-pgarch_readyXlog-with-many.patch.
> However, v6-0001-Do-fewer-directory-scans-of-archive_status.patch has
> perhaps evolved a bit more than the other one, so I thought I should
> first ask whether any of those changes have influenced your thinking
> about the batching approach and whether you want to make any updates
> to that patch first. I don't really see that this is needed, but I
> might be missing something.

Besides sprucing up the comments a bit, I don't think there is
anything that needs to be changed.  The only other thing I considered
was getting rid of the arch_files array.  Instead, I would swap the
comparator function the heap uses with a reverse one, rebuild the
heap, and then have pgarch_readyXlog() return files via
binaryheap_remove_first().  However, this seemed like a bit more
complexity than necessary.

Attached is a new version of the patch with some expanded comments.

Nathan

Вложения