Also submitted via web site bug report

От Cameron, Thomas
Тема Also submitted via web site bug report
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Howdy -

New to the list, not a PostgreSQL user typically, so don't know if this has already been addressed.

I tried to build RPMs from the source rpm supplied from  the PostgreSQL web site.  The spec file supplied by
postgresql-7.4.6-2PGDG.src.rpmis broken.  When I tried to run:

rpmbuild -ba --target=i686 --clean postgresql-7.4.6-2PGDG.spec

it fails with:

<major snippage>
checking for krb5.h... no
configure: error: header file <krb5.h> is required for Kerberos 5

I changed line 20 of the spec file from this:

%{!?kerbdir:%define kerbdir "/usr"}

to this:

%{!?kerbdir:%define kerbdir "/usr/kerberos"}

and it built just fine.

Hoping this is helpful,
--
Thomas Cameron, RHCE, CNE, MCSE, MCT