RE: [HACKERS] pg_dump not in very good shape

От Ansley, Michael
Тема RE: [HACKERS] pg_dump not in very good shape
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom, I went through all the places in pg_dump where a format string was used
to add a string to the buffer (I believe it's only a problem when using
snprintf, which, I think, is only used if you pass a format string), and
either removed the format string by passing in a single variable at a time,
or making sure that only things like db object names (which have a size
limit significantly less than 1kB) were passed in using a format string.  Of
course, maybe I missed some places, but it shouldn't be a real problem.
That's why there are those particularly ugly pieces of code where the
appendText (or whetever it is) function gets called repeatedly.  Not pretty,
but it should always work.

Am I wrong in assuming the the snprintf function only gets used when using a
format string, or is it always used?

MikeA