RE: [HACKERS] Inprise/Borland releasing Interbase as Open source

От Ansley, Michael
Тема RE: [HACKERS] Inprise/Borland releasing Interbase as Open source
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Makes you wonder what people (companies) are spending their money on.  My
take on it is that commercial software licensing is, by and large, a hoax.

MikeA

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Momjian
To: Don Baccus
Cc: Ansley, Michael; 'PostgreSQL-development '
Sent: 00/01/04 11:50
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Inprise/Borland releasing Interbase as Open  source

> At 02:53 PM 1/4/00 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >> Great.  Rumour has it there is some HOT transaction code in there,
among
> >> other things.
>
> >We may find that that HOT transaction code is the same as our
> >transaction code, which I guess would mean ours is HOT too.
>
> (redundant, but what the heck)
>
> Their "multi-generational" concurrency control sure sounds just like
> MVCC.

Reminds me of the guy who said our MVCC was a leader in database
technology.  He did not realize is was only one person, Vadim, who did
the whole thing.

Amazing when just one of our developers makes the commercial db's look
like they are standing still.

Pennsylvania
19026

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Inprise/Borland releasing Interbase as Open source
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Inprise/Borland releasing Interbase as Open source