RE: [INTERFACES] Slow join query optimisation?

От Ansley, Michael
Тема RE: [INTERFACES] Slow join query optimisation?
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
I've mentioned this before in a previous discussion some months back, but
surely allowing stored procs to return result sets would alleviate this
problem.  Then, the back end could use the stored proc mechanism to cache
those queries it felt were used often enough by simply creating a stored
proc for them (which is a brainless operation), alternatively, the developer
could optimise the application by writing certain stored procs into the
application.
Most commercial dbs allow this, and I'm surprised that more people don't see
this as a significant feature.  I'm not exactly sure how they do this,
whether it's through the return of a cursor, or whether it's a special data
type that stores the rows: whatever, we can't be that far from being able to
hack something like this together.

MikeA