RE: [HACKERS] Lexxing and yaccing...

От Ansley, Michael
Тема RE: [HACKERS] Lexxing and yaccing...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Yes, exactly.  I know that you have been saying this from the word go, and
this adds to the chorus.
The check is pretty simple - if the previous token was not a value or right
parenthesis, then it's a unary, not binary, minus.  Of course, we would have
to expand 'value' to mean constant or column name.  Is there anything else
that defines the binary minus that I've left out?  We would, I suppose, also
have to check that the minus isn't part of a user-defined operator.  What is
the BNF for our operators?  In fact, do we have a BNF diagram for our
flavour of SQL?  Perhaps that is where the problem lies.  I must admit, I
have hardly been into the compiler.

MikeA