RE: [HACKERS] Postgres' lexer

От Ansley, Michael
Тема RE: [HACKERS] Postgres' lexer
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

>> No good: we already have some.  There are three standard geometric
>> operators named "?-" ... not to mention lord-knows-what user-defined<snip>
>> It would also be worth remembering that "-" is far from the
>> only unary
>> operator name we have, and so a solution that creates
>> special behavior
>> just for "-" is really no solution at all.  Making a special case for
>> "-" just increases the potential for confusion, not
>> decreases it, IMHO.

This is even more of a reason to remove it from where it is currently.  The
code in the parser now is explicitly for a minus.  I think an idea might be
to check out some other SQL scanner implementations, and see how they do it.
I will also speak to Vern, and see if he can shed any light on the matter.

MikeA