RE: [HACKERS] Threads

От Ansley, Michael
Тема RE: [HACKERS] Threads
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Aren't there cases, though, where multi-threading could be used within the
back end design that we have at the moment, for example, to avoid lags
during I/O?  So, while the nth block of data is being read from the disk,
the (n-1)th block is being processed by the next process down the line.  For
example...
This wouldn't (shouldn't?) break the isolation that currently exists due to
single-process servers.

MikeA