RE: [INTERFACES] ODBC Performance

От Ansley, Michael
Тема RE: [INTERFACES] ODBC Performance
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
I found that performance was increased quite a lot with 6.5 (ODBC driver
6.40.0006), and that the driver options also helped.  I had a table with 210
000 rows (also in Access), and this took about an hour or so, once I'd
managed to clean the data, and set the options as best I could.  I think
that my settings were:

Disable Genetic Optimizer:    on
KSQO:                 on
Recognize Unique Indexes:    on
Use Declare/Fetch:        on

I had the logging turned off.

Something that I did find was that using something like DAO's .Add method to
perform mass inserts was tremendously slow, and I suspect that that is how
Access is doing it (kind of).  When programming in VB, using ADO, I
constructed INSERT statements, and executed them, in order to insert
information, and this was a lot faster.  However, there is no way that you
can tell what Access is doing, and how to speed it up on the client side.

Anyway, try the ODBC settings above (if you haven't already), it should
speed things up somewhat.

MikeA