convert_numeric_to_scalar: unsupported type 354210

От AgentM
Тема convert_numeric_to_scalar: unsupported type 354210
Дата
Re: convert_numeric_to_scalar: unsupported type 354210  (Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca>)
Список pgsql-sql
PostgreSQL 7.3.2:
Here is a piece of a table definition:
CREATE TABLE data
(
id SERIAL PRIMARY KEY,
description TEXT,
ra physreal,
dec physreal,
z physreal,
...);
physreal is the domain of numeric(20,14).

Then I created an index across ra,dec, and z (one index). I really
haven't done anything else to the database. The table has ~290000 rows
and I indexed after inserting the data. Strangely, I can only make
weird selects using these fields. Look:
select dec from data limit 5;      dec
--------------- -1.2378252250 -1.2366515502 -1.2501212847 -1.0732052187 -1.1653486998
(5 rows)

select id from data where dec < 191.456; id
----  1  2
...this works.

select id from data where dec < 2.0;
ERROR:  convert_numeric_to_scalar: unsupported type 354210

This doesn't. The problem persists even when I create individual
indices for each column. It seems this only occurs when I use a number
that is "close" to a value in the column. What's going on and what does
the error mean? Thanks.

AgentM
agentm@cmu.edu

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: