R: Problem with Jdk1.4 and Linux

От PANOZZ00USER0002
Тема R: Problem with Jdk1.4 and Linux
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Oliver Jowett [mailto:oliver@opencloud.com]
Inviato: mar 05/07/2005 14.54
A: PANOZZ00USER0002
Cc: pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
Oggetto: Re: [JDBC] Problem with Jdk1.4 and Linux

PANOZZ00USER0002 wrote:

> java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument or cannot assign requested
> address

What is the command line you're running that code with?

Is the server or client using IPv6 at all?

If you specify the server by IP address rather than name, does it work?

-O

----

I have built a jar to simplify my test with different jdk (and different Operating System) I launch it with:
/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_08/bin/java   -jar untitled1.jar test1 postgres password 127.0.0.1

(of course the database is created and the user too)

I have tried with localhost and 127.0.0.1 but i don't think the problem is in the name resolution
because the same command with the jsdk1.5 work without any problem

The server and the client don't use ipv6.

I have tried to install a windows server and to connect to it but the problem remain.
And from the windows machine i connect without any problem to the postgresql server (linux or windows hosted) using the code posted in the previous mail and with jdk 1.4!!