Re: pgsql-server/ /configure /configure.in rc/incl ...

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: pgsql-server/ /configure /configure.in rc/incl ...
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On 30-Apr-04, at 12:14 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> It goes with the Win32 approach of doing as little as possible to the
> Unix port.  If the Unix folks want it, we can enable it, but the Win32
> folks aren't going to force it on Unix until Unix wants it and has
> tested it.

I completely agree with Tom and Marc -- if we're going to do this at
all, we should use the timezone library for all platforms. Since that
is the only plausible way we could release 7.5 in my view, the sooner
we get testing of the code on all platforms, the better.

I have no problem if you would like to delay doing this for a matter of
days or hours so that you've got it working on one platform before
enabling it for others, but I would like to see it enabled for all
platforms soon.

-Neil