Re: Autovacuum of independent tables

От Ravi Krishna
Тема Re: Autovacuum of independent tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general

This is assuming other sessions change the same block your session is trying to read.

===

It's been a while since I worked with Oracle as a developer.  But my understanding

is that even a read-only transaction, like the one you described above, requires

a point in time consistent image of the database. This would imply that if your

transaction runs for a long time and meanwhile other DML sessions change lot of blocks,

resulting in undo tablespace getting totally turned over, then Oracle can no longer

gurantee PIT consistent view of the database to your session and barf out with

snapshot-too-old error.

I have no way of confirming this and I am writing this based on my limited experience

with oracle.  So I may be wrong.

Сообщение: Re: Autovacuum of independent tables
Сообщение: Re: Autovacuum of independent tables