RE: [INTERFACES] JDBC escape problem

От Peter Mount
Тема RE: [INTERFACES] JDBC escape problem
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
This is probably caused by the fact that currently we don't parse
anything within the JDBC driver. I'll put it on my todo list for 6.6.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rolland Crunk [mailto:rc@aenet.net]
Sent: 08 July 1999 08:57
To: pgsql-interfaces@hub.org
Subject: [INTERFACES] JDBC escape problem

I'm encountering a problem with the implementation of escapes using
the 6.5 JDBC driver.  If I attempt to insert a timestamp value using
the following syntax, I get an error from the postgreSQL parser
complaining
about the '{' character:
 stmt.executeUpdate("insert into tstest values ( { ts '1999-07-07
00:00:00' } )");

However, the following statement works:
 stmt.executeUpdate("insert into tstest values ( '{ ts 1999-07-07
00:00:00 }' )");

Unfortunately, the former is the correct syntax where the second isn't.

>From what I could determine tracing the code, there is no escape
processing
performed in the PostgreSQL jdbc driver, and the error is originating
from the
database backend.

I thought it unusual that I didn't see reference to this problem in the
mail
archives (though I admit I only went back a few months).  Is this a
known
problem?

What are the consequences of fixing it in the back-end?  Will it break
other
drivers that depend on this syntax?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,