RE: [HACKERS] Updated TODO list

От Peter Mount
Тема RE: [HACKERS] Updated TODO list
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
ADMIN

* Allow international error message support and add error codes

The JDBC driver already has the international error message support. All
it needs are some translations of the errors.properties file.

It would be easy to add error codes to it.

TYPES

* Large objectso Fix large object mapping scheme, own typeid or reltype(Peter)o Allow large text type to use large
objects(Peter)

I hope to these two done for 6.6
o Not to stuff everything as files in a single directory, hash
dirso Allow large object vacuuming

Do you mean vacuuming within a large objects table, or removing orphaned
ones?
A solution for orphaning is in contrib, although it still needs some
work.

On the JDBC front, I'm planning for 6.6:

* Array support
* Large Object Stream support
* More JDBC2 API implemented

But the big one will be to get the driver to use the current protocol.
Up until now, it's been using the 6.3 backend protocol. Now that the
current driver supports JDBC2, I want to get it up to date.

This will mean that the 6.6 driver will not be backward compatible with
earlier backends (I can't remember which one started using the current
protocol). The 6.5 driver does support 6.3 and 6.4.x backends.

Peter

--
Peter Mount
Enterprise Support