RE: where to close statement ?

От Peter Mount
Тема RE: where to close statement ?
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
I test each one, and if not null, then call close, ie:
if(rs!=null) rs.close();

This allows for the statement to be open, but the failure being with the
ResultSet.

Peter

--
Peter Mount
Enterprise Support
Maidstone Borough Council

-----Original Message-----
From: Guillaume Rousse [mailto:Guillaume.Rousse@univ-reunion.fr]
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2000 1:25 PM
To: pgsql-interfaces@postgresql.org
Subject: [INTERFACES] where to close statement ?

Hi.
Imagine the foolowing situation: i got one connection, and i have
several
preparedStatements to execute, each with different parameters. Is is
good
practice to close the connection in a finally() statement. But what
about
statements and resultset ? Is there an advantage to close them
explicitely :
-in the finally statement, before the connection.close() (see code A) ?
-in the try statement, between each statement execution for the
resultset, and
between each redefinition for each preparedStatement (see code B) ?

code A:
Connection con=null;
PreparedStatement stmt=null;
Resulset rs=null;

try {
stmt=...
stmt.set...
rs=stmt.execute();
stmt.set...
rs=stmt.execute();

stmt=...
stmt.set...
rs=stmt.execute();
stmt.set...
rs=stmt.execute();
} finally {
rs.close();
stmt.close();
con.close()
}

code B:
Connection con=null;

try {
PreparedStatement stmt=...
stmt.set...
Resulset rs=stmt.execute();
rs.close();
stmt.set...
rs=stmt.execute();
rs.close();
stmt.close();

stmt=...
stmt.set...
rs=stmt.execute();
rs.close();
stmt.set...
rs=stmt.execute();
rs.close();
stmt;close();

} finally {
con.close()
}
--
Guillaume Rousse
Iremia - Université de la Réunion

Sleep doesn't exists. Just lack of cafeine.