RE: [INTERFACES] Transaction support in 6.5.3/JDBC

От Peter Mount
Тема RE: [INTERFACES] Transaction support in 6.5.3/JDBC
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces

-----Original Message-----
From: Assaf Arkin [mailto:arkin@exoffice.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 09, 1999 6:14 PM
To: Peter Mount
Cc: pgsql-interfaces@hub.org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Transaction support in 6.5.3/JDBC

> PM: Hmmm, in theory if a transaction is in a dead state (ie: an SQL
> statement failed, so anything else is ignored until the rollback),
there
> should be a message in the notify queue. Our JDBC driver keeps these
in
> the warnings queue, so you could read them prior to calling commit()
> yourself.

>From what I gather if an SQL statement failed, the CompletedResponse
will show *ABORT STATUS*. That's an easy modification. I'm not sure
about a warning being sent, I need to figure how to test this one.

The BE also returns the name of the cursor. I assume this one should be
returned from ResultSet.getCursorName()?

PM: It should be, although currently it doesn't.

arkin

От: marten@feki.toppoint.de
Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] locking on database updates
От: Peter Mount
Сообщение: RE: [INTERFACES] Transaction support in 6.5.3/JDBC