Re: Can I trigger an action from a coalesce ?

От Christophe Pettus
Тема Re: Can I trigger an action from a coalesce ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> On Feb 22, 2020, at 14:02, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> It's a really bad idea to mark a function that has side-effects
> (i.e., emitting a NOTICE) as immutable, especially if the occurrence
> of the side-effect at well-defined times is exactly what you're
> desirous of.

True, and it doesn't actually need to be immutable here; just cut and pasted from the wrong example.

(That being said, I'm not coming up with a specific bad thing that a RAISE NOTICE in an immutable function will cause.
Isthere one?)

--
-- Christophe Pettus
   xof@thebuild.com