Suggestions on storing and retrieving geocode data

От George Woodring
Тема Suggestions on storing and retrieving geocode data
Дата
Re: Suggestions on storing and retrieving geocode data  (Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to>)
Список pgsql-general
I am looking for suggestions on storing and retrieving geocode
information.

My application currently stores 2 columns (lat, long) as numeric and I
have a btree index on them.  This works fine for the current set of
data, but as it expands I know it will become an issue.

I am looking at changing the index to an rtree, but I did not know if it
is better to create a point column or if I could use the existing
lat/long columns.

The query will always be to select points inside a box.

Thanks in advance,
Woody

iGLASS Networks
211-A S. Salem St