Re: VACUUMs take twice as long across all nodes

От Vivek Khera
Тема Re: VACUUMs take twice as long across all nodes
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Oct 27, 2006, at 2:07 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> 8.2, but in existing releases I can't see much you can do about it
> except REINDEX when things get slow.

This will be so nice for me.  I have one huge table with a massive
amount of churn and bulk deletes.  I have to reindex it once every
other month.  It takes about 60 to 75 minutes per index (times two
indexes) else I'd do it monthly.

It shaves nearly 1/3 of the relpages off of the index size.

Вложения