PostgreSQL with Kerberos and Active Directory

От Idan Miller
Тема PostgreSQL with Kerberos and Active Directory
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to configure PostgreSQL version 8.2.4 with Kerberos and Active Directory.
The AD is run on a windows 2003 server, and the postgre on gentoo.
The gentoo computer name is postgre and it's added to the windows 2003 server AD domain.

I did the following:
- I compiled postgre with kerberos support and installed it on the gentoo machine.
- I created a keytab for the user postgres/postgre on the windows 2003 server machine and copied it to the gentoo machine.
- I configured the postgresql.conf to point to the keytab.
- I configured pg_hba.conf to authenticate remote users by kerberos.
- I followed additional configurations from the howto in the mailing list archives.

Now, when trying to log in with an AD user to postgre I get:
psq: krb5_sendauth: Bad application version was sent (via sendauth)

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Idan.