Re: Where art thou pg_clog?

От Casey Duncan
Тема Re: Where art thou pg_clog?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Feb 15, 2007, at 1:50 PM, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Casey Duncan wrote:
>> 2007-02-15 00:35:03.324 PST ERROR:  could not access status of
>> transaction 2565134864
>> 2007-02-15 00:35:03.325 PST DETAIL:  could not open file "pg_clog/
>> 098E": No such file or directory
>>
>> The first time this happened, I chalked it up to some kind of disk
>> corruption based on the mailing list archives. So I dumped the
>> databases, did a fresh initdb, forced an fsck (these run with a jfs
>> data partition and an ext2 wal partition) which found no problems and
>> then reloaded the databases.
>>
>> Now about a week later
>
> Unless you actually executed 2565134864 transactions in that one week,
> this is still data corruption.
>
> Check for faulty memory.

I'd be more inclined to agree with you if it happened on only one
server machine. But this has now happened on two different machines
in the space of a week.

My understanding is that the transaction id logged is garbage because
the bookkeeping fields have been clobbered for some tuple(s). The one
last week was really low (like < 1000).

-Casey