Re: Default fill factor for tables?

От Roberts, Jon
Тема Re: Default fill factor for tables?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> >> Is there any way to set a different default fill factor?
> >
> > ALTER TABLE Yourtable
> >        SET ( FILLFACTOR = 50 );
>
> Hehe.  I know how to do that. I mean the default fill factor for a
> database / user for tables / indexes..  Like setting search_path for a
> user.
>
> alter database mydb set indexfillfactor=50;
> alter user me set tablefillfactor=75;
>
> so that newly created indexes in the db mydb have fillfactor of 50 and
> tables created by me are at 75.

Why would you set the fillfactor to anything other than 100 for a
PostgreSQL table?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/routine-vacuuming.html

I thought an updated record always got a new row in a table.  Setting a
lower fillfactor for a table suggests that PostgreSQL behaves like
Oracle in terms of filling blocks up and having chained rows.

Jon

От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: Default fill factor for tables?
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Default fill factor for tables?