Format for Grants to Roles

От Roberts, Jon
Тема Format for Grants to Roles
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Our naming standard here is first_name.last_name so my username at work
is jon.roberts.  When I look at the DDL script created by pgAdmin, it
doesn't format my name properly for the grants.  It does format it
properly for the owner.

Example:

-- Table: jon.part_test

-- DROP TABLE jon.part_test;

CREATE TABLE jon.part_test
(
  id integer NOT NULL,
  first_name character varying(30) NOT NULL,
  last_name character varying(50) NOT NULL,
  address_1 character varying(100) NOT NULL,
  address_2 character varying(100),
  city character varying(50) NOT NULL,
  state character varying(2) NOT NULL,
  zip character varying(10) NOT NULL,
  load_date date NOT NULL,
  load_timestamp_with_timezone timestamp with time zone NOT NULL,
  load_timestamp_without_timezone timestamp without time zone NOT NULL,
  CONSTRAINT part_test_pkey PRIMARY KEY (id)
)
WITH (OIDS=FALSE);
ALTER TABLE jon.part_test OWNER TO "jon.roberts";
GRANT ALL ON TABLE jon.part_test TO "\""jon.roberts\""";
GRANT SELECT ON TABLE jon.part_test TO dev;

This is incorrect:
GRANT ALL ON TABLE jon.part_test TO "\""jon.roberts\""";

This is correct:
GRANT ALL ON TABLE jon.part_test TO "jon.roberts";

Executing this incorrect line fails with this:
ERROR:  role "\"jon.roberts\"" does not exist

ERROR: role "\"jon.roberts\"" does not exist
SQL state: 42704

Jon

Сообщение: Re: New problem with the latest Kubuntu
Сообщение: Re: New problem with the latest Kubuntu