Re: to_char incompatibility

От Roberts, Jon
Тема Re: to_char incompatibility
Дата
Re: to_char incompatibility  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers

> Jon,
>
> > I always put security definer as I really think that should be the
> > default behavior.  Anyway, your function should run faster.
>
> That's not a real good idea.  A security definer function is like an SUID
> shell script; only to be used with great care.

You'll have to explain to Oracle and their customers that Oracle's security
model is not a great idea then.

<soapbox>
Executing a function should never require privileges on the underlying
objects referenced in it.  The function should always run with the rights of
the owner of the function, not the user executing it.
</soapbox>

Jon