Re: cast problem in Postgresql 9.0.1

От Alban Hertroys
Тема Re: cast problem in Postgresql 9.0.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 1 Feb 2011, at 7:14, AI Rumman wrote:

> I migrated my DB from Postgresql 8.1 to Postgresql 9.0.1.

That's quite a big step up. You skipped 8.2, 8.3 and 8.4 - all major releases. My advise: Test very thoroughly for more
differencesin behaviour.

One thing to start looking at right away is whether your config parameters still make sense, in case you're re-using
yourold config. Some changed names I think, and there are some new ones you might want to change.

> I have a table "testtab"
> \d testtab
> id int,
> hours varchar

That seems an odd choice for a datatype. What are you trying to accomplish by making it varchar?

And no, of course you can't sum varchars, what kind of output would you expect from that? That an older version of
Postgresdidn't throw an error was probably a bug.

Alban Hertroys

--
Screwing up is an excellent way to attach something to the ceiling.

!DSPAM:737,4d48774c11731638385336!

Сообщение: Re: Some Problems - Shall I reinstall the DB?
Сообщение: Re: Some Problems - Shall I reinstall the DB?