Re: Directly programmed query plans?

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re: Directly programmed query plans?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Dec 20, 2006, at 17:34 , Josh ben Jore wrote:

> I vaguely recall that there’s an interface to PostgreSQL 7.3 where
> developers can directly feed it query plans. Can someone help me
> remember where this lived and whether it worked?
>

> The problem I’m looking at is that it’s difficult to impossible to
> get optimal uses of indexes all the time. Some of our queries are
> “optimized” particularly poorly. Perhaps, just perhaps it might be
> useful to be able to write a query using the compiled form rather
> than the SQL form. Any suggestions to help solve the real problem
> of index hinting would also be welcomed.
I don't know anything about a particular interface to 7.3, but if
you're still using 7.3 and are having problems with plans not being
properly optimized, I highly recommend upgrading to 8.2. There have
been substantial improvements to both the planner in particular and
performance in general in the last four releases.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net

От: Ron Johnson
Сообщение: Re: Partitioning Vs. Split Databases - performance?
От: adam@spatialsystems.org
Сообщение: Best Perl DBI Driver for Postgres