Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Weird new time zone

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Weird new time zone
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Magnus Hagander" <mha@sollentuna.net> writes:
>> I thought the issue under question was to find out what the
>> time zone was.

> Nope, we already had that. The issue is that the names are not the same
> as the one used in zic/unix, so there is nothing to match on.

Right.  The problem we are actually faced with is to identify which of
the zic timezones is the best match for the system's timezone setting.
One of the issues is that it's not clear what "best" means...

At the moment I like Oliver Jowett's idea of defining "best" as "the one
that matches furthest back".