win 98 & NT

От Radu
Тема win 98 & NT
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
Hello

Good news:
   I managed to compile on win 98, with cygwin b20 and postgresql-6.5.3. initdb went ok.
Bad news:
    when the psotmaster server  receives a connection from a client, like psql, createdb or destroydb, it crashes in
kernel32.dll(maybe my win98 has a problem?)
Question: has anybody got a running postgres on win98?

And finally another thing: is there a port on windows, without using cygnus, for postgresql? So far, i've seen that
psqland libpq are ported on win32 without using cygwin. Are there any other modules ported this way? What long would it
taketo do it for entire postgres?
Please give me some feedback if you can, thanks!
Radu

K Free E-mail http://www.k.ro/
by KappaNet http://www.kappa.ro/